Friday, 14-12-2007 until Saturday, 15-12-2007
08:30 - 17:00
Aston Atrium Hotel
Seminar/Conference Description :
The successful managers must have an awareness of basic management and leadership skills and processes, specifically not only be able to plan, schedule work, organize resources, actuate and control the process to achieve desired objectives effectively and efficiently but also to inspire, motivate and develop his/her people. However many managers get promoted without a proper development in place that leads him/her thinking and working as an operative people.
This management skills course offers the kind of practical learning with the objective to develop the skills and knowledge of managers to enable them to be more:
- Effective in their organization's day-to-day work
- Successful in achieving the results for which they are accountable
- Successful in contributing to positive business results.
By attending this workshop, participants will
- Have a broader knowledge of the management process
- Know how to determine his/her objectives, determine the strategy to achieve them and develop relevant programs
- Have an ability to establish an action plan to meet the needs.
- Start thinking 'like a manager'
- Understand how to spent more time 'leading and managing' and less time 'doing'
- Has an understanding oh his/her own leadership (strong and weaknesses)
- Understand how to be an effective leaders
Who Should Attend? :
Supervisors, new managers, managers or veteran manager (who has never been exposed to management and leadership courses).
Sahala P. Sinurat
Founder of PT Samchads Consulting Indonesia
Sahala P. Sinurat, MSc . Is a management consultant specializing in training programs designed to increase managerial effectiveness, specifically, program relating to supervisory management and performance management. Mr. Sinurat obtained his master degree in Operations Research from University of Delaware, Newark, US. His working experience includes:
- Professional Staff to Lembaga PPM
- Training and Development Manager for Rothmans of Pall Mall Indonesia
- Training and Development Manager for the British American Tobacco Indonesia (BAT).
Mr. Sinurat has led more than 200 training programs. His clients list includes PT Surveyor Indonesia, PT Coca Cola Indonesia, PT DaimlerChrysler, PT Telkom, PT Sanyo Electronics Indonesia, PT Capsugel Indonesia, PT Jasa Marga, PT Pelindo II, PT BASF, PT Advanced Interconnect Industries, PT Amarta Karya, PT Philip Morris Indonesia, PT BAT Indonesia, PT Rothmans of Pall Mall Indonesia, Etc.
- Introduction / Background
- Part-1: Management Skills
- Explain why planning is needed in organizations, Describe the basic steps in the planning process
Explaining why organizational is important, describe the steps in organizing.
Activities of actuating, Motivation, Communication, Selecting people, Developing people, Practical exercise.
Explain why the control function is necessary, Activities of controlling, Characteristics of effective control systems, Practical exercise.
- Practical Exercise: Implementation (Objective Setting and Action Plan Development).
- Level of Management (and Its Main Purpose)
- Managerial Skills
- Part-2: Leadership Skills
- What is Leadership
Definition, why leadership is important for companies, Self-leadership assessment.
- Leadership Behavior
Leader behavior: Task behavior, Leader behavior: Relationship behavior, Practical exercise.
- Leadership Styles
The four leadership styles, Practical exercise.
- Follower Readiness
Ability and willingness, Readiness indicators, The four readiness levels, Practical exercise
- Leadership Styles and Readiness Levels
Leadership styles and readiness levels, Practical exercise.
- Your Leadership Styles
Your leadership style profile, Consequence of leader behavior
- Training Action Plan
Concept implementation on participants own subordinate development plan
- Leadership Integrated Games
Combination of problem solving and decision making, group dynamics and situational leadership.
- What is Leadership
- Closing (Summary and Conclusion).